Thursday, January 21, 2016

Meal Planning Made Easy



Do you struggle with meal planning?  I used to hate it and enjoyed making dinner based on what I found at the market that day.  Those were the days before kids.  The days when I worked in NYC and came home to my highrise apartment and stopped at the market on the first floor of my building.  Sigh, I miss NYC and Hoboken.  I digress...

Meal planning became more important to me after having a tiny terrorist...errr tiny human.  It meant I would know what I was cooking and how much time I needed.  I have looked several places for ideas to do menu planning.  What works for me best are the following:

  • Have a menu posted in the kitchen somewhere. Some ways:
    • Dry Erase Board on the fridge
    • Chalkboard on the wall
    • Some pinterest craft success for a meal plan - like these

  • Make your grocery list and meal plan at the same time. 
    • I like this template from Taylor Gray Designs. You can save and print the pdf from her site.

Stick to your plan best as possible. Sure kids get sick or too busy with after school activies - then go to a staple and shift your menu slightly.  Soon you will notice you are saving time and money by planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment